The 2023 Diabetes Free SC Annual Meeting is an event you won't want to miss! Join us on Friday, December 8th for a day filled with valuable information and networking opportunities.
Our 3rd annual event will feature a health equity theme and a special guest speaker, Mr. Dove Dupree. In a departure from the previous two, this year's meeting will be presented in a plenary format and include invited speakers who will introduce specific topics that will be followed by facilitated table discussions.
This new format is in response to the numerous requests following last year’s event to increase networking and collaboration opportunities among attendees.
Also new this year is a poster exhibit. This will be an integral part of the meeting, providing an opportunity for DFSC Initiatives and other interested organizations to share program progress, improvement strategies and celebrate successes.
Information regarding poster submission can be found below.
All organizations with diabetes associated programs, are invited to share their progress in this year’s meeting. A poster consists of a graphic display of the author’s research or program. You may illustrate study findings or program outcomes using graphs, photos, and text. Each poster will be displayed for the duration of the event. Please submit your intent to display a poster to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 10.
The poster board surface area is 8’ wide by 4’ high. The recommended poster dimensions are 48" wide by 36" high, but please do not exceed the usable space which is 7.5’ wide (90)” by 3.5’ high (42”).
- Design and Development
The objective of a poster presentation is to display research or program clearly and simply in a visually appealing way. The content of an effective poster presentation should be focused and concise.
- For Diabetes Free SC Initiatives, a separate email has been sent that includes a template bearing the logos and pre-approved text.
- Organizations that are not DFSC Initiatives are also welcome to display their work or programs. A generic template will be available by request at email@example.com.
- Write your presentation as concisely as possible. Charts, drawings, and illustrations should be similar to those you would otherwise use in making slides. Keep everything as simple as possible and avoid "artsy" or overly ornate presentations. Block lettering can be useful to add emphasis and clarity.
- It is recommended that you provide the viewer a preferred sequence that should be followed in studying your poster, and that it be self-explanatory. Depending on the nature of your work and the progress made, a 'Conclusions' section may (or may not) be appropriate.
- Hang your poster between 8:00 a.m. and 8:50 a.m.
- The use of glue, tape, or staples is not allowed. Pushpins will be provided for you to attach your materials to the poster board.
- Do not write or paint on the poster boards themselves.
- All posters and materials must be removed by 4:30 p.m.
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Registration, Coffee, and Poster Set Up
9:00 AM - 9:15 AM
Dr. Shawn Stinson
9:15 AM - 9:45 AM
State of Diabetes Free SC
Dr. Timothy Lyons
9:45 AM - 10:30 AM
Special Guest Speaker
Mr. Dove Dupree
10:30 AM - 10:45 AM
10:45 AM - 11:00 AM
SDoH/Health Care Access & Quality, and Social & Community Context
Dr. Patricia Witherspoon
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
11:35 AM - 11:50 AM
SDOD/ Economic Stability, Edu Access & Quality, and Neighborhood & Built Envir
11:50 AM - 12:20 PM
12:20 PM - 2:10 PM
Lunch & Poster Viewing
2:15 PM - 2:30 PM
Addressing Diabetes in Children
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM
3:05 PM - 3:20 PM
Diabetes in Pregnancy Dr. Emily Rosenberg
3:20 PM - 3:50 PM
3:50 PM - 4:00 PM
Wrap up and Farewell